UPDATE 7-9-13: Winners announced below!
In case you have been busy this month, here is a little recap of what is going on. We have decided that each month we will be following a theme. The theme is a way for us to help you come up with topics to write about that are important to the pet community, that will help drive traffic to your blogs, and hopefully gain you some new readers.
Since this month happens to be Adopt a Cat Month we decided that we would kick off our monthly themes by focusing on helping get cats and kittens adopted.
What is Adopt a Cat Month Hop?
It is a Hop specifically to link up your posts with ideas and tips about how your readers can help cats in need of adoption. We wish we could adopt them all, but since we can't, let's share all the little things people can do that will help the waiting cats and kittens get adopted, have enough food, and promote their shelters.
As pet Bloggers you are out there working with the shelters, the brands, and the public to help animals on a daily basis. What are some of your best tips? Those things that are so simple people say I can do that - I only wish I thought about it sooner.
Do you spare a tweet a day for a cat listed via PetFinder?
Do you highlight one adoptable kitty a week to show your readers that shelter cats make great pets?
Do you share stories and pictures of your own shetler cat with your readers, followers, and fans on a regular basis.
Maybe you help organize a fundraiser that would be easy enough for others to do for their own local cat rescues.
These are the ideas we want you to share with your readers and we will amplify for you to the entire BlogPaws Network. Here is how it works, add a link from a post you either wrote already in celebration of Adopt a Cat Month OR write a post now with your best tips and ideas and then add your direct link to the post in the linky below.
We are also going to give away a few prizes to bloggers who participate in the blog hop. You could win of these great prizes through a random draw of participants using randomize.org (please read the complete BlogPaws contest rules and regulations):
1) One cat embroidered Hipster Bag from The Tiniest Tiger thanks to Joanne McGonagle https://www.facebook.com/joanne.mcgonagle/about
2) One copy of Dear Sparkle: Cat-to-Cat Advice from the World's Foremost Feline Advice Columnist, Janiss Garza http://www.sparklecat.com/
3) One art pieces from New Zealand by Marjorie Dawson http://whskr.co/about-whskr/
4) One copy of Carole Stevens Bibisi's book: An American Bronte http://artharmonycreations.com/about
P.S. If you missed it last week there is a photo contest going on in the community for adopt a cat month head over to check it out!
WINNERS ANNOUNCED 7-9-13:
Congrats to our random winners of June's blog hop. Please visit us in July and join our July blog hop all about Pet Safety for a chance to win awesome prizes again!
1. Stephanie Newman @micrazycatlady - The Musings Of A Crazy Cat Lady
Prize: One cat embroidered Hipster Bag from The Tiniest Tiger thanks to Joanne McGonagle
2. Connie Tales from the Foster Kitties - How I started off Adopt a Cat month
Prize: One copy of Dear Sparkle: Cat-to-Cat Advice from the World's Foremost Feline Advice Columnist, Janiss Garza
3. Joanne McGonagle @TheTiniestTiger Conservation Cub Club - Annie and Eddie's Adoption Day
Prize: One art pieces from New Zealand by Marjorie Dawson
4. Bunny Allen @CarmaPoodale Carma Poodale - Kitten Season Is here
Prize: One copy of Carole Stevens Bibisi's book: An American Bronte