It's situations like the earthquake and tsunami in Japan that remind us how precious - and volatile - life is. One minute you could be happily petting your cat or dog on your couch, and the next, homeless, injured, unable to locate loved ones, or worse.
BlogPaws Be The Change for Pets is committed to taking action to help relief efforts for animals in Japan. One of our community members, Cathy King, is the founder and executive director of World Vets, an organization dedicated to providing veterinary aid worldwide. The first World Vets responder deployment is en route with supplies to Japan to meet up with a coalition of Japanese animal welfare groups.
To assist World Vets in their extremely important work, Be the Change for Pets is asking the online pet community to help raise funds and awareness for the World Vets efforts.
Today, Thursday, March 17, 2011 is Paws for Japan Day.
How can you help?
1. Grab the badge, using the following code: <a href="http://www.pawcurious.com/2011/03/paws-for-japan/#more-6858" target="_blank"><img border="0" alt="Paws for Japan" src="http://www.thekittencrew.com/images/paws-for-japan.gif"/></a><br />
2. Promote the Chip In tool where people can make a donation. Note: this is the legitimate Chip In widget where all funds donated go directly to World Vets. If you'd like to post the Chip In tool on your site, you can get the code here.
2. Today, please post, tweet, or share on Facebook about the World Vets effort for animal relief in Japan. Be as creative as you wish in promoting the cause!
3. Check out the links below - add yours and get the code to add the linky tool to your own blog here.
4. If you are a business and want to assist, please consider matching donations or contact us to learn about how you can participate.
Thank you everyone for joining in our efforts to support pets - and their humans - in need.